30 Sept 2022. Jakarta - Social Protection Contributors Advisory Association Malaysia (SPCAAM) and the largest Konfederasi Serikat Pekerja Seluruh Indonesia (KSPSI) inked a historical MOU on 30th September 2022.
The MOU was signed by the President of SPCAAM Bro J Solomon and President of KSPSI Bro Andi Gani Nena Wea.
Both organisations affirmed their commitment to deepen exchanges and cooperation and agreed that they should focus on the following:
1. Implement joint activities to protect rights of Indonesian migrant workers through promoting migrant workers’ access to information, including access to support services in Indonesia and Malaysia.
2. KSPSI and SPCAAM will share up to date information on issues facing Indonesian migrant workers working in Malaysia, as well as on law and policies of Malaysia and Indonesia.
3. KSPSI and SPCAAM will nominate staff to join information dissemination and to ensure they are recruited as Union Members and provide counselling for migrant workers on their rights.
4. KSPSI and SPCAAM will conduct the first annual meeting in January to launch the plan of action.
5. KSPSI and SPCAAM will coordinate on provision of the information with the relevant authorities in both countries, to ensure that recruitment agencies and destination employers are both held responsible where there are violations of migrant workers’ rights;
6. Maintain the exchange on top leadership visits to enhance social protection for migrant workers of Indonesia.