NUBE has always respected the BN led Government but what have we got in return?
NUBE suffered the following:
1. Twenty-seven (27) NUBE members in HLBB were dismissed because they could not leave their families and accept the transfer to Kuala Lumpur.
2. Many bank branches were closed, members were retrenched, many left the bank for fear of being transferred.
3. Bank Negara forcing banks to turn to Fin-tech. Automation, Digitalisation and Robotics is taking over members jobs in the banking industry.
4. NUBE asked PM for tripartite consultation on bank workers livelihood - ignored.
5. NUBE members are consumers too; some banks are imposing fees for teller services deliberately preventing customers to be attended to by Tellers.
6. Bank Muamalat transferred three (3) non-clerical transferred from Kelantan, Ipoh and Kedah to Kuala Lumpur by manipulating their job functions.
7. Trade Union officers are dismissed for trade union activities.
8. BN led government formed in-house union to destroy NUBE and this caused NUBE to spend more than RM 5 Million over 7 years to win the case; that money could have been used for the benefit of members.
For all of the above injustice done to our members, NUBE appealed to the BN led government, repeatedly. What happened? All our appeals fell on deaf ears.
NUBE wants a Government that will listen to the problems of the workers and act fairly and responsibly; not a government that ignores or silently encourages the employers to bully and rob our livelihood.
NUBE is concerned that more bank workers will be retrenched after GE14 if BN Government were to continue.
Therefore, NUBE wants a Government that guarantees jobs so that our families, bank workers, now and in the future as well as consumers will be protected and not allowed to be bullied by banks with the aid of the Government.
NUBE appeals to all bank workers to speak to your family members and friends to vote for change this GE14, for a better future and for job opportunities and continuous employment in the banking industry.