Fire broke out at one of the floors in HSBC Bank at Lebuh Ampang. It is reported that carbon monoxide engulfed some floors.
All NUBE members in HSBC are advised not go into the building unless it has been declared safe by the authorities.
We will be requesting HSBC Bank to promptly comply with Occupational Safety and Health requirement in this matter and shall be monitoring the effectiveness of the Bank in doing this.
Safety of workers is our priority and our dealings with HSBC Bank has proven that the HSBC Bank is poor is honoring agreements and matters concerning workers health issues and well being.
All members in HSBC are advised to take note of this and report to us if your face any difficulties pertaining to this.