The Branch Committee was led by the Chairman, Bro S Kalaiselvan, Hon. Secretary, Bro Chen Ka Fatt together with Vice-Chairman, Bro Mohamad Syukri, Hon. Treasurer, Bro Edwin, Committee, Bro Zubir Ahmad and Bro Mohd Syukri Kamil.
The leaders of the picket team welcomed the Union officials in participating the picket and the Union officials told them that they are there to provide support for the customers of CIMB Gerik branch as well as their members in that branch.
About 50 participants making up of PAS and UMNO leaders, their members as well as some customers participated in the one-hour picket.
The speakers included, YB Salbiah, DUN for Temenggor (N-02), former DUN for Pengkalan Hulu (N-01), En Mohammad Hamidi b Ismail touched on the following:-
1. The suffering of the public who are customers of the bank, in the event the branch were to close down as the nearest bank branch is more than 100km away in Kuala Kangsar.
2. There are many customers who are senior citizens and pensioners and who do not know how to operate internet banking and still required counter services. They will be in a dilemma if the bank branch is closed down.
3. The customers felt victimized if the bank closed down its branch in Gerik
4. Bank should show more concern towards customers' needs and not looking at profit only
5. Bank should not only look at branches that are making high profit, they should maintain branches which are making less profit instead of closing down the branches
6. Bank should emphasis more on Corporate Social Responsibilities towards the public
7. They protested on the closing of the branch and want the branch to be maintained
“NUBE has already reminded the Bank to stop closing any more Branches after the hardship customers and workers of CIMB had been caused in Negeri Sembilan and to avoid any trade dispute.
We hope good sense will prevail at the top management of CIMB”.
The picket ended with a group photos taken with all the participants present.